WIFI at Metropol – Dolce&Gabbana Womenswear FW12 fashion show will have a new interactive feature never done before. Ready for the live comments?
Two visionaries kick off Live comments during the fashion show
5 Hilarious Things To Do With WIFI during Dolce&Gabbana Show
1. You wanna work for Dolce&Gabbana? Send in your request, no? ‘I want to work for the marketing department of Dolce&Gabbana, please?’ It might work, never say never.
2. You love the show, you can’t get over the fact how wonderful the dresses look on the runway, etc. yet right after this marvelous experience, you need to run to the supermarket. No pen? Well, write your shopping list there! Send something fun like: two kg of tomatoes, one bottle of vodka, black pepper, chips, olives, two ounces of milk… (virgin mary meets boring harry?)
3. Be wise, advertise your blog! Send your link, get free publicity. Do you know how many zillions of eyes will be fixed onto the screens during the show? Let people know about you!
4. Looking for a partner? Short or tall? Blonde or brunette? Eyes? Occupation? Write it, let the world know you are single and ready to mingle: ‘I’m Alicia, I’m tall, sweet and beautiful. I’d like to get to know a cool, blonde, Australian surfer to spend the lonely nights with…’
5. Flirt! You like the guy at the first row? Describe him and ask for his number: ‘Guy in black suit with pink shoes, I’m the girl in seat B34, my number is 8993739191, call me xoxo’
Dedicated to those who said the contrary. To all the fashion snobs that have come and gone throughout the years. To those who were skeptical about the web. There you go. One of the most coveted fashion shows around the globe becomes the epicenter of a virtual real mix of both physical and digital participation. Bloggers on the front row, live show on the web, endless streaming on Facebook, iPhone and Android, Dolce&Gabbana now transforms its Milanese theatre, the Metropol, into a fashion gathering where the audience socially interacts with the virtual community.
Close to the idea of an arena surrounding the catwalk, the screens of the Metropol will play the comments, the enthusiasm, the criticism, the reviews made live from the audience present at the show and the virtual followers. A unique platform that will transform the show into a worldwide interactive event. It’s the obligatory next step that the fashion system has to undergo by taking over the web to show their vision, not only to the spectators but also to fans, consumers, critics, and feed the curiosity from around the world.
This is what your screen will look like if you will be one of the lucky parterre at Dolce&Gabbana Fall Winter 2012 fashion show. The Metropol in Milan where the show will be taking place will give WIFI access to this page to let the audience insert live comments that will be displayed on the Metropol’s screens as well as on Dolce&Gabbana’s website. You can add your comment from home on Dolce&Gabbana’s Twitter and Facebook to get your foot into Metropol’s screen.
The Dolce&Gabbana Fall Winter 2012 Womenswear show will be taking place on Sunday 27th from 14:00 GMT +1. Follow the show on dolcegabbana.com.
Text by Giuliano Federico
Tagged with: #SUPER LUXURY
On the 24th November Tokyo’s Gyre art gallery unveiled their 3D Shashin-kan machine, a nifty piece of technology that makes a miniature you to take home… Hello future!
Ever wondered what gifts the super rich may exchange for Christmas? Here is a Santa’s letter with a difference, for people who have everything, and very hefty bank accounts to boot.