Ever since she embarked on her super hero mission in Kick Ass her name has become known internationally and one that we won’t be forgetting it any time soon. Swide wanted to know more about this emerging talent...
She is the little lady who we have seen shift between screens small and silver since 2004, and the last few years have seen her step her game up. Chloë Moretz has played a rather varied range of characters; sadistic dead children, cute vulnerable kids and potty mouthed mini superheroes, and these are just a few of them. Next year sees the release of Movie 43, a feature film compiled of comedy shorts, and she is going to be rubbing shoulders with some of cinema’s contemporary greats; Kate Winslet, Richard Gere, Naomi Watts and Uma Thurman, to name but a few. So why should we care about this starlet? It goes without saying that she is super cute but what else is special about Chloë Moretz?
- As the title suggests, she Kicks Ass, literally. She starred in 2010’s superhero romp ‘Kick Ass’ as Hit-Girl, a real life crime fighting, ass kicking mini hero who was perched on the edge of good and evil. I am aware that bad language and cursing is now part of everyday communication (sadly) but you have never heard expletives like the ones that come out of the mouth of Hit-Girl. Oh and when she screams, she does it with grace:
- She already knows the business. Her career started in 2004, which when you consider she was born in 1997 is pretty impressive. It was in 2005, when she played Chelsea Lutz in the ‘The Amityville Horror’ remake, that people started taking note of who the young star was. Since then, she has become a regular on hit shows like ‘Desperate Housewives’ and ‘Dirty Sexy Money’, shown her skills with various character roles and has caught the eyes of different designers, who can’t wait to get the starlet in their threads.
- Talking of clothes, her style is perfectly spot on for her age. Even when she wears creations that would also suit a woman older than her years, she does so with youthful beauty. For example, when she won Best Horror Actress for ‘Let Me In’ at the 2011 Spike TV SCREAM awards, she fused sophistication and youthfulness together perfectly whilst wearing Dolce&Gabbana.
Chloë Moretz in Dolce&Gabbana
- She’s the perfect role model for both children and adults. She was quoted saying, ‘I have to go to bed at 9:30. If I’m up late on the computer, I lose it for two months’. Smart parents and something that I should really hold myself to. But, when she does get online you can guarantee that her Twitter will be fluttering with updates and suggestions for who we should follow, and all done with gushing compliments. Did I mention she was cute?
- Awards. This girl has awards to confirm her skills. ‘Kick Ass’ and the English remake of ‘Let me in’, and I don’t think the nominations will dry up either. She has some big movies in the pipeline (the Christmassy magic of ‘Hugo’ Nov 23rd and star filled comedy ‘Movie 43’ April 2012) that are rumoured to be nomination worthy material. So, if you like to ‘ching’ glasses with the young stars of Hollywood, then keep your eye on this little lady because there are more celebratory occasions on the horizon.
Chloë Moretz in Dolce&Gabbana (looking super sweet)
There you have it, a quick list of why Chloë Moretz deserves your attention and if you find yourself to see her latest work, then, as mentioned above, ‘Hugo’ will be in cinemas from the 23rd November. Check out the trailer below.
For more from the stars, click below:
Written by Ben Taylor