Why do we love Mariah Carey so much? Because of course she's a diva and not afraid to show it. We point out the more obvious displays of divadom from her performance on last night's Italian version of the X Factor - starting with of course the jeweled microphone stand and surprisingly her views on Obama. Who said X Factor wasn't educational?
Last night and live on Italian national TV, Mariah Carey performed the Foreigner hit, "I Want to Know What Love Is", the second single from her twelfth studio album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel for the X-Factor crowd.
Aside from the impressive vocal range (popstar Ciara has been quoted as saying "When you have a five-octave range, you can do whatever you want") we'd liked to point the things we fell in love with.
1. The bejewelled microphone stand (where can we buy one?)
2. The bodyguards helping her down onto the stage at the beginning of the performance.
3. The Hello Kitty she received as a gift at the end of her track.
4. The fact she loves Capri and gave it a 'Mariah wiggle' to showcase her love the Italian holiday spot.
5. Her views on Obama, "He know's what he's doing, he makes me proud to be American - before everything was like weird."
Mariah Carey performing on the Italian version of the X-Factor in a Dolce & Gabbana dress.
For more diva stories from Mariah-land see www.swide.com/Celebrities/Mariah-Carey-on-diva-form.
Source: X Factor
Photo Credits: Getty Images