Mood Swings is back and this week he is struggling to accept the vocals of children in popular music and decided it was time to confront it head on.
I always feel a sense of dread when I hear children's voices in songs that
are obviously not meant for children. Maybe it's because of some unresolved
traumas from my childhood (off the top of my head I can count about twenty of
those, like having to do a simple forward-roll in P.E., attempting to play the
trumpet and also surviving the Italian public school system), or maybe it's just
the general feeling that anything that uses a child's voice is childish.
This week I decided to prove myself wrong (that's twisted) and post 5 great songs…despite - or maybe even thanks to - the kids.
1. M83's album "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" has created quite a buzz in the European music scene…here's a great track from it.
2. I played this track so much a couple years ago I think I might have eroded the CD. Big fan of Pilooski's remixes!
3. Remember the movie? Quite moving.
4. I'm not a huge fan of Sound of Arrows but this song and video are just precious.
5. And of course - club-bomb and 2007 sensation "D.A.N.C.E." by Justice. Their new album honestly doesn't keep up the standard they set with their debut record.
Written by Andrea Ratti