This week our Columnist Mood Swings feels the pull of the Royal Family and heads for old England to embrace its quirks, locals and public transport.
Last week I returned to London after a two-year absence. Everything appears to be the same as I left it: people still queue up in an orderly fashion for almost anything, cars still travel on the wrong side of the road and the double-deckers are still hunting pedestrians.
My main reason for the holiday was to go and see the concert of an emerging artist that not many of you will have heard about. Blonde, 25/30-ish, sings a lot about promiscuity…ok, it's Britney. Don't judge
Here's a selection of my 5 favourite songs of the moment from British artists (that leaves Ms. Spears out, sorry)
1. Monarchy are a masked duo who are flaming up London's clubs. Their remixes were great and their first album is too. I probably posted them already but they're worth mentioning again!
2. Oasis' Noel Gallagher is back with his first solo album. I grew up with Oasis so I can't help but like it (and can't help wondering what he needed a band for if the result alone is identical).
3. I loved Marina&the Diamonds' first album with a passion, and the second is headed in that direction too. I love her voice and her style.
4. This might not be unexpected, but I couldn't leave Florence out. It looks like she finally found the road she wants to travel after trying out a variety of genres in her first album. She settled on the dreamy side, which really gives her the opportunity to use those LUNGS (hint, hint) she's got.
5. Last but not least, Metronomy's new album last year was a breath of fresh air.
written by Andrea Ratti