The designer explains his relation with the stone that represents fire and passion, a favourite of all women.
1. Since when do you have it?
SG: Fifteen years.
2. Was your ruby a gift?
SG: A gift to myself.
3. Is it your favourite stone?
SG: Yes it’s my favourite among all stones.
4. Does it belong to your masculine or feminine realm?
SG: For my perception a ruby is masculine because women desire it. They put it in a stone setting that is the feminine part.
5. A ruby for weapon or for protection?
SG: Definitely protection.
6. What does the colour red mean to you?
SG: Red is fire and passion, two things that represent me quite well.
7. In which way does this gem relate to you and reveal your personality?
SG: Ruby and red, the gem and colour of my astrological sign Scorpio.
8. Do you ever take it off?
SG: Yes at night or when I am at the beach.
9. Do you feel naked without it?
SG: To tell the truth I feel lighter when I wear it. Maybe this means it has its own strength.
10. As a symbol of royalty, do you have your private kingdom?
SG: A ruby makes me feel like the king of my own private world. My loved ones, friends, habits... A private kingdom that I cherish a lot.
Interview by Delphine Hervieu.